Posted by : Soham Saturday 18 October 2014



If you've been reading my posts till now, you should have understood that I don't particularly like Bollywood movies, songs etc. and there are a lot of things about the country itself that I don't like.

A lot of my friends, that like all these things, often tell me that I'm unpatriotic, or that I should be ashamed of calling myself Indian. Well, according to me, I just hate all these things because, I know we can do a lot better. Bollywood has capital and talent (to some extent) but most of the public has low expectations, so, they just do the bare minimum.

And it is true, I prefer foreign movies and music over Indian. And when I say foreign, I mean any country, not necessarily America or UK. I like watching the mainstream "superhero" movies (like any geek would) and I enjoy rock/metal music. There are some Indian bands that I like, but, they aren't as popular as Bollywood songs which is weird because they're a lot better.

Apart from that, I find foreign languages even more interesting. I haven't actually seen a movie that was in a foreign language, but I was a frequent Anime watcher. The same applies to music, I like listening to foreign songs.

So, when one of my friends (Bollywood fangirl) heard me talking shit about Bollywood music and it's weird lyrics, she pointed out that I listen to raps, Spanish pop, Reggaeton, dubstep and a bit of EDM, which is like the international version of Bollywood (less than talented people making money off of stereotypical young adults, staying in business no longer than 10 years)

Yeah, I do like EDM and dubstep, but that's just because it's addictive and a good kind of music to have in background while I'm gaming or solving math etc. But, she wouldn't let go because she knew the Spanish songs I listen to and the Bollywood music I look down upon have similar lyrics.

Well, here it is,
I like hearing/watching weird and funny shit that I don't understand.




But, it's true. When you listen to a song in a foreign language, you don't care about the lyrics, in your head, you're just laughing at how weird the language sounds like.

Don't deny it, we all think every other language other than the ones we speak sound weird and funny.

And that's exactly what I do, I just listen to the weird song, not caring about the lyrics, keeping up with the trash beats that are addictive and trying my best to sing along.

But, you can't do that with a Bollywood song. As soon as you start listening to one, you immediately figure out what the lyrics mean,

So, it's not unpatriotic to not like your country's entertainment, or preferring a different country's entertainment.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Welcome to Unusual Indian

Featured Song

Voltaire - When you're evil

Lol

Follow my rants

Popular Post

Unusual views

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © An Unusual Indian -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -