Posted by : Soham Wednesday 22 October 2014



Well, as you would expect, the songs that an Indian radio station can play are limited. (Because, there are next to no good hindi bands and even if there were, the RJs only ever play Bollywood songs) So, they just play latest Bollywood songs, one after the other.

This past month, I've had a lot of problems with my hard disk and operating systems so, I spent a lot of time listening to the radio. And, seriously, in 2 hours of listening to one radio station, 4 - 5 songs are repeated at least twice. That's saying a lot because in 2 hours (120 minutes) only 30 songs are played.

You'd think that's pretty good, considering how a lot of Bollywood songs are 4 minutes long, but no, RJs stop the song after 2 minutes and start their trash talk.

It's not like they even talk about anything important. Mostly just promotion of their shitty competitions like "Blockbuster Thursdays", "Blue carpet" or some gift hampers for Diwali.

This really pissed me off because, radio exists for 2 reasons. Music and a medium of spreading social awareness for any topic.

But Indian radio is now like YouTube. Ads pop-up all over your music.

If the radio stations can't generate enough money through sponsors (or whatever it is that gets them money) they should just disband instead of selling their stations to ads.

Because, when do people even listen to the radio? When they're stuck in traffic, or while cooking (like my mom does) or maybe when internet is down and you have no good music on your phone or computer (like the hard disk deprived kid I have become). And I'm sure we turn on the radio expecting a song. But, no. After say 3 - 4 minutes of music, there's a 10 - 15 minute ad break. And, these ads are the same shitty ones. The same god damn ads after every song.

No wonder kids remember all the ads so well. We're bombarded with ads.

And if you think you're good enough to evade ads and listen to music on another station, I'm sorry. That doesn't work. These stations are in cahoots. They play music at the same fucking time. And then they all go back to their main purpose, advertising. There are 4 radio stations in my city, all of which I can listen to without static from almost anywhere in my house, but all 4 have synchronized music times.

And RJs are no different either. I remember when I was 5 or 6, and I used to listen to the programmes on radio, like conversations between RJs and the audience or some celebrity. But, those programmes are gone. The only thing these fake RJs do is, prank call random strangers and fool them, which by the way, is definitely scripted. Because, no person who just got pranked on radio will just laugh and say "Oh you got me", he'll definitely rage and scream "BC".

So, out of 60 minutes, we get like 10 minutes of music. And the music is such that it really doesn't seem worth the ads. I'm not expecting it to be anywhere near Stairway to Heaven but it's just Bollywood. And, even in Bollywood, there are some beautiful Hindi songs, but no. Bollywood is now all about shitty Punjabi wanna-be rappers who think they're good. 1/5 songs is Hindi nowadays, which gets played almost never.

Instead of all this, I'd much rather not have this piece of shit.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Welcome to Unusual Indian

Featured Song

Voltaire - When you're evil

Lol

Follow my rants

Popular Post

Unusual views

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © An Unusual Indian -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -