Posted by : Soham Tuesday 16 September 2014



NIE (Newspaper in Education, a subsidiary of The Times of India) hosted a competition, Think 'n Learn challenge a few weeks ago. They sent question sheets to 125 schools in my city and we had the 1st round in our school itself. It was just a simple test which had puzzles that required logical and analytical reasoning. No one really took it seriously until one of us read the rules and saw "Winner at the school level will receive a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3".

That being said, everyone started writing the test sincerely. It was just a multiple-choice test and we were done with it in an hour. For the next three weeks, we had all forgotten about it.

But then, last week, the results were declared. From our school, out of around 200 participants, 53 had received 90+ percentile and had qualified for the next round, city level. However, the winner of the school round was not declared. So, we all had to attend this next round.

The venue was a huge stadium, obviously meaning that a lot of children were going to be there. On reaching, we found out that a whooping 6000 students had qualified for this round, which meant that the competition was tough. For this round, instead of pen and paper, we had to do the test on a Samsung Tab.

The test itself was pretty much the same. Didn't feel like it was any more difficult than the previous one and our competition had definitely narrowed down to 6,000, instead of 40,000.

After the test, we had a one hour session on career options by a person named Byju, who cleared the CAT exam with a 100 percentile, twice. More on that later.

One thing that the person told us was, what we are doing in school now is not learning, we are memorizing. After the exam, we forget. But, if we use our common sense (which according to him, is not that common), we can simply learn without memorizing and we won't ever forget it.

Apart from that, it was a really good competition. I'm still waiting for the city level results although, since I didn't win at school level, my hopes aren't that high. 

{ 16 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. yup, even i have given this test 2-3 months ago..our results have come and i got a certificate of excellence and am qualified yipee!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you got tab in the prize ???????

    ReplyDelete
  3. what kind of questions were asked...?

    were they related to reasoning or subjective. pls clarify

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! I am going for city lvl exam on 22 and

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! I am going for city lvl exam on 22 and

    ReplyDelete
  6. i want to know that whether the city level results will be anounced on the same ay or not

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have qualified for city level so will i get the tab??????????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if u topped in ur school u will get or else no unless u come in top 3 in ur city

      Delete
  8. what type of question they will ask for city level plzz tell me because i have to go for city level on 31 january 2016

    ReplyDelete
  9. What type of questions are there

    ReplyDelete
  10. I received a call from Byju's classes for a sd card and pay 1000 Rs
    They told me my son is selected in top 20. But he didn't attend any inter school competition. Then how can he be in top 20?
    Can anyone shed light here

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was absent during the prize distribution ceremony of the school level and as per my knowledge, I topped in my school. Will I get the tab?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was absent during the prize distribution ceremony of the school level and as per my knowledge, I topped in my school. Will I get the tab?

    ReplyDelete
  13. what type of questions they will ask because i have to go to city level exam.HELP MEEEE

    ReplyDelete
  14. ia m selected for the city level in 2017 10th friday on november

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had won the tab from my school in that exam. Memories!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Unusual Indian

Featured Song

Voltaire - When you're evil

Lol

Follow my rants

Popular Post

Unusual views

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © An Unusual Indian -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -