Posted by : Soham Wednesday 17 September 2014



I'm not sure how things are in other schools but in mine, students are divided into 3 groups:
  1. Merit students: Ones that get over 90% in exams.
  2. Average students: The ones that get good grades, yet not too good.
  3. Lower than average students: Students that get the bare minimum, for whatever reasons.
However, there's a special 4th group for students like me,
     
     4. Special group: Intelligent but don't study a.k.a 


And no matter how much a teacher disagrees, they all discriminate on these grounds. I don't get the worst of it, just the usual "You should use your brains for studying." or "Show that smartness in the exams." But, the 3rd group does get the worst, and there is no chance of improvement either.

Today, we got the results of an exam that was held a week ago. It was a small exam, nothing huge. The marks were pretty usual, all the students got marks according to their respective "groups". However, some from the 3rd group got really good grades.

Now, the students could have easily started to study since our terminal assessment is nearby and it is the time where we have to study a lot, so, the marks were genuine. But, instead of giving the students a thumbs up for their good job, the teacher says,


It really pissed me off because, she doesn't have the right to wrongly accuse any student for copying. I myself hadn't studied much for the exam and knew I was going to get no more than 70%. And when I went to the teacher to get my result, I was right.

However, I thought she wouldn't say anything to me, considering it was still a better performance than my previous one. But again,




So, basically,


All jokes aside though, it really sucks when you actually study for an exam, and are happy with the result, only to have someone else ruin it for you. More so when that someone is your teacher. I've heard an ex-student say that the teachers use reverse psychology. But, it really doesn't work, it just encourages the students to never improve, since this is what happens when they try.

That's how we're divided now,
  1. Good kids: Ones that never get scolded for anything.
  2. Bad kids: Ones that always get scolded, no matter what they do.
Is there no escape for us in the 2nd group?

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Welcome to Unusual Indian

Featured Song

Voltaire - When you're evil

Lol

Follow my rants

Popular Post

Unusual views

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © An Unusual Indian -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -