Posted by : Soham Saturday 27 September 2014



I'm not sure if any absurd traditions exist in western cultures but we have too many. Maybe God accidentally gave traditions that were reserved for the westerners, to us Indians. And we over do these traditions, every time.

I'm not going to mention all the traditions because, every state has different traditions. Hell, every village has different traditions. And I don't even know all the traditions of my village.

But, let's discuss some of the well known traditions.

1. Birth. I don't know why this happens but, Indian fathers are not allowed to be in the room when their baby is born. It's not like they want to see...uh, the miracle of child birth, it's just that it's a little weird. I mean, why not? Does the mother not want anyone to see the child's gateway into the world? That's kinda redundant, in my opinion. The father's already seen it, that's how the baby got there. But, it is traditional for the father to wait outside. Then, the nurse or whoever is helping the mother with the delivery, brings the baby out of the room, and passes it on to it's father. Same scene in most movies and sitcoms.

2. I really would have liked to talk about Indian baby christening but, the westerners don't have it any less crazier than us so, I'll leave that out.

3. Eating curd before leaving the house for an important job is another tradition that bugs me. It is said that if we eat curd before leaving, success is ensured. And there is the 'converse' of this tradition, black cat crossing your path guarantees failure. But, just how is eating a dairy product going to ensure success?

Well, I'll talk about more traditions later.

4. 

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Welcome to Unusual Indian

Featured Song

Voltaire - When you're evil

Lol

Follow my rants

Popular Post

Unusual views

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © An Unusual Indian -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -